The D.C. Everest Area School District contracts with Lamers Bus Lines to provide busing for home-to-school and co-curricular transportation. Please contact them directly for assistance at 715-298-6110 or send Lamers an email.
Please note Lamers is currently updating the bus app, therefore the bus app is not currently available. The bus app should be available within the first weeks of the school year. As part of the update process, parents who use the app will need a new username and password. Parents will receive an email, via Infinite Campus, with information concerning their new username/password as soon as the system is available.
Lamers provides home-to-school transportation based on School Board Policy #8600. Generally, policy provides transportation for these situations:
- Student resides more than two miles from school.
- Student resides in an area identified in the District's Hazardous Transportation Plan
- Special needs student with transportation that is arranged by Pupil Services consistent with IEP
Student does not qualify under the policy for regular home-to-school transportation, but requests and qualifies for Shuttle Transportation.
The forms below are used for requesting transportation. Two full work days are required during the year for changes to take place. Please wait for confirmation from Lamers before attempting to use transportation.
For all riders, the morning pickup location may differ from the afternoon drop-off location. However, the stops must be consistent each day of the week. Transportation to and from other locations is the family’s responsibility. For students in a dual-custody arrangement, transportation will be provided to either "home" location on different days of the week.
Reference: Wisconsin Statute 121.56
D.C. Everest students are transported to school on buses, and on occasion, to athletic events or field trips. Student safety is a prime concern and students themselves have a responsibility. Misbehavior on buses is a safety concern; it is dangerous and cannot be tolerated. Misconduct may result in detentions and/or suspension or expulsion from the bus. Please review the bus rider rules:
Prior to Loading
- Be on time at your bus pick up point.
- Wait as far to the right side of the road as is practical for the bus and behave in a safe manner while waiting.
- If there is no sidewalk on the way to the bus pick up point, walk on the side of the road facing traffic.
- Before boarding any bus, wait until it comes to a complete stop.
- Use the grab rail by the step when boarding the bus.
While Riding the Bus
- Obey the driver promptly and cheerfully.
- Be courteous to fellow students and the public.
- Do not rush or push past others while boarding and moving to your seat.
- Stay in your seat until you reach your destination.
- Do not talk to the driver while the bus is in motion.
- Keep your hands and head inside the bus at all times.
- No loud talking, laughing or unnecessary disruption that might divert the driver’s attention from the road.
- Normal classroom behavior is expected and no bullying is allowed.
- Keep books, packages, coats and all other objects out of the aisles.
- Damage to seats or equipment may require restitution. Never tamper with the bus or any of its equipment.
- Leave nothing behind on the bus. Neither the bus contractor nor the school district is responsible for lost articles.
- In case of an emergency, remain on the bus unless directed to do otherwise by the driver.
- Do not throw anything out bus windows or litter inside the bus.
- Keep absolutely quiet when approaching a railroad crossing.
- Misconduct may result in detentions, and/or suspension or expulsion from the bus.
- No unauthorized student or adult is allowed to ride the school bus.
After Leaving the Bus
- When it is necessary to cross the road after leaving the bus, check to be sure no traffic is approaching, and after receiving a signal from the driver cross it at least 10 feet in front of the bus.
- Be alert to any danger or danger signal from the bus driver.
- Parental support is critical in addressing safety. Please discuss with your child the importance of appropriate behavior on a bus. Should a student be disruptive, disrespectful or endanger others on a bus the consequences listed below may be taken. The order of process listed below may be altered by administration.
- Disciplinary action or consequences for these offenses may include, but are not limited to:
- Student conference.
- Warning letter sent to parent.
- Assigned seating.
- Parent contact.
- Bus suspension.
- Directed study or in-school suspension.
- Out of school suspension.
- Public School Transportation Waiver Agreement (extended bus suspension).
- Expulsion from the bus.
- Referral to police or other law enforcement agency.
The driver shall maintain order among passengers being transported and shall report misconduct. Passengers shall comply with any lawful order given by the driver while carrying out his/her responsibilities.
Thank you for taking time to read and discuss this information with your child.